Monday, February 29, 2016

Bonus: Matlab Lab

MATLab Lab

Prof. Mason, this is in fact not my MATLab lab. This is an explanation/blog about why I haven't done it yet and why it will be completed very, very soon.

One week before finals last Fall, my poor computer's hard drive failed. I confirmed this with the people at the Apple store. I had not the funding to replace it at that time and there were several monetary obligations and other priorities to tend to. Thus, my lifeless computer sat in my closet since then. 



My dad had a cheap PC that he wasn't using so I had that to use. It has a hard time doing just about everything. Above are the specs of the computer. With that kind of processing power, I highly doubt a program like MATLAB would do so well. Plus, it's not my computer so I don't want to load it up then take it off later.

 When I started ENGR 44, I realized that it was imperative that I get my computer fixed as soon as possible. My dad was able to front the money to me and I purchased what I needed.


I was pleasantly surprised to find that the delivery estimates were very wrong. My new hard drive arrived on February 27th. 


I installed it myself and (as seen on top right on the picture above), it fits nicely in the old spot.

My only problem is that I need to wait for my appointment at the apple store to load up OS for me, then wait for all my backed up data from my external to be put on there. I would have made an appointment earlier, but I didn't know the drive would arrive so early.

All this to say, I haven't done my MATLAB Lab yet. However, I anticipate that it will be done by next week if everything goes as planned. I still need to torr...er.. purchase Windows 10 and figure out how to dual boot my computer.


No comments:

Post a Comment